I know this is more of an autumn recipe, but I think the combination of sweet potato, pumpkin, maple, and almond butter is good at any time of year! Especially when it is in the form of cute mini muffins.
The perfect snack. Bake these while listening to “We Run“. Can’t get enough of this song right now!
SWEET POTATO PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Serves: 24 mini muffins or 12 regular muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 large sweet potato, baked and pureéd into about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pureé (homemade is best)
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup oat flour (ground from rolled oats)
- almond butter (from dry, roasted almonds)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and oil a muffin pan, or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, sweet potato pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir in milk.
- Using a sieve, sift in whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Stir in oat flour until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin tins.
- Top each muffin with a spoon of almond butter. (As much or little was you want!) Swirl the almond butter with a toothpick.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes until golden.
Enjoy them hot and fresh, or let cool and freeze some for snacks. They defrost really well and are also great re-heated in the toaster oven. Even more awesome if you cut them in half and add more almond butter (or jam) in the middle!