Fresh wild blueberries, yum! I have to share this morning’s breakfast with you.
I have tried many pancake recipes over the last few months, and this combination always turns out great! Try them tomorrow morning. They come together really quickly and with minimal clean up.
BLUEBERRY OAT PANCAKES
Makes: 6 medium pancakes (easily doubled, tripled, etc.)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 farm fresh egg
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (or more) fresh wild blueberries
- Combine rolled oats and milk in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Whisk egg into the milk mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl, and then whisk with the wet ingredients.
- Let the mixture sit while you preheat a pan to medium-high and set the table.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake onto the pan, flip when many bubbles appear, and then cook for another 1-2 minutes. It’s best if you watch them because stoves & pans differ greatly.
Enjoy! Delicious when topped with nut butters, jam, and greek yogurt.